Flower Essences and Gem Elixirs are forms of what I like to call energetic herbalism. These remedies do not contain active physiological constituents of the plants or minerals involved, but instead contain the plant/mineral's energetic patterns and vibrations. Flower Essences, in short, are the vibrational patterns of a particular flower preserved in brandy. While traditional herbal preparations tend to work on physiological systems, Flower/Gem essences work primarily on energetic, emotional, and mental levels. Like herbal preparations, Flower Essences can relieve the symptoms of a problem as well as treat the root of the problem. These essences work on a wide variety of ailments, from obsessiveness to melancholy and grief to increasing one's sensitivity to the plant world. I have personally seen Flower and Gem Essences work effectively on binge eating, releasing repressed emotions and fears, understanding one's sexual orientation, and even a fear of the dark.
In my opinion, Flower Essences and Gem Elixirs are some of the most sustainable forms of healing, both ecologically and economically.
Flower Essences and Gem Elixirs are incredibly environmentally sustainable. Because these supplements are vibrational, as little as 1-7 flowers can be used to make a large number of bottles. In the case of rare and endangered plants, like those on the United Plant Savers list, a non-cut, dip method can be used, meaning that the plant is not harmed in the process of making the essence.
Vibrational essences are economically sustainable as well. Mindful Medicinals Flower Essences are sold in 1 oz bottles, with the suggested use being 3 drops, 3 times a day for a minimum of two weeks. At this dosage level, a 1 oz bottle will last for about 4 months, or 127 days.
Another remarkable quality of Flower and Gem Elixirs is their lack of side effects and interactions with other medication. All of Mindful Medicinals' Flower and Gem Essences are perfectly safe to take with other medications, whether they be herbal or allopathic.
Some of my favorite (am I allowed to pick favorites?) flower and gem essences are the following:
- Borage - relieves "heavy heartedness" or grief, helps one bounce back from loss, encourages confidence in one's self
- Black Tourmaline - protects one against negativity (both external and internal), provides a sense of safety, also works great as a pest control for plants
- Clematis - constant daydreaming, escapism through psychedelics and daydreaming
- Forget-Me-Not - "I infuse my life with spirit" is the affirmation of this essence, it helps one remember the magic inherent in incarnation and living
- Nasturtium - reduces obsessive thoughts, compulsive behaviors, and narrowmindedness
- Watermelon Tourmaline - excellent for counselors and healers, aids one in balancing giving/receiving
Do you have any favorite flower or gem essences? What ones have helped you through tough times? Share your experiences in the comments!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.*